Friday 5 August 2011

Cleeve to Shiplake.. A long paddle

Hi All

Last night we camped on the lady's lawn we left the canoe at yesterday so we could make an early start... Ian woke me up at 5.30am (mum eventually woke up when her cup of tea was made!)
At just after 7am we set off .... quickly thro 2 locks (I like locks cos mum gets me out of the canoe and we watch Ian paddle!).  Best lock was Purley Lock where Ian and mum stopped for a bacon bap ... I managed to look starved enough to blag a bit!
A late lunch stop at Reading meant I got to play ball ... and we had very light rain shower. Then onwards to Shiplake.  In the midle of the river the phone rang ... Ian answered it .... turns out it was the Chippenham local paper who interviewed mum for a story (I did hear my name mentioned so maybe I will be famous?)

This eve we eventually arrived on someones front lawn in Shiplake ... after a little confusion it was decided we could stay the night.... very noisy spot right next to the main rail line and on Heathrow approach!


No comments:

Post a Comment